Editorial Simplified : 29th Day of June 2016
This Series of posts covers the essential Editorial from prominent newspapers. The Editorial from the newspapers are compiled by the Subject Teachers form the Academy and provided in notes format so that the aspirants does not waste their precious time in sifting through the newspapers.
The aspirants are advised to bookmark this page for future reference
Click on the tab below to read the Editorial Simplified for each newspaper
Editorial : Joining the elite non-proliferators
The editorial delves into India’s recent adventure with four global non-proliferation clubs.
- India recently gained admission into Missile Technology Control Regime one of the four global non-proliferation clubs.
- The success of entry into MTCR was evened out by failure to get Nuclear Supplier Group’s (another global non-proliferation club) membership.
- The other two global non-proliferation clubs are: The Australia Group and Wasenaar group.
- India’s official entry into MTCR carries with it many benefits like yielding of state of art defence technologies.
- China has yet not been given MTCR membership thus recent Indian admission gives india leverage to discuss NSG issues using MTCR as bargaining chip.
- MTCR entry broadly suggests the acceptance of India’s verifiable export control and its perceived potential as a supplier of and market for sophisticated defence technologies.
- MTCR admission is indeed a positive development atleast much better than notoriety of being related with AQ Khans etc.
- However many strands of interlocking strategic interests need to be untangled before trade in sensitive defence technology globally will become a reality for India.
We at RMISG would appreciate your feedback and comments below. This will help us to know more about your doubts and provide you with even better experience on the website. Do take few minutes and give us your feedback in the comments section below.
Just Scroll down to give your feedback NOW.