Editorial Simplified : 27th Day of June 2016
This Series of posts covers the essential Editorial from prominent newspapers. The Editorial from the newspapers are compiled by the Subject Teachers form the Academy and provided in notes format so that the aspirants does not waste their precious time in sifting through the newspapers.
The aspirants are advised to bookmark this page for future reference
Click on the tab below to read the Editorial Simplified for each newspaper
Editorial : Shrinking spaces at the nuclear high table
The editorial deals with the recent saga of India trying to secure NSG(Nuclear Suppliers Group) membership.
- India’s bid to join NSG saw a sharp set back at the NSG plenary with China and 7 other nations reiterating concerns about non-NPT(Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty) being admitted.
- India’s plea is that its clean non-proliferation record justifies its membership.
- Although the NSG could not come at any consensus this time but the USA has pointed to a possible path for India.
- Another positive for India is that even in 2008 India was granted a waver by NSG after diplomats were skilfully able to overcome resistance.
- The failed attempt at Seoul is an opportune moment for India to revisit the NSG situation.
- While it may be true that India as an insider will have better leverage to tackle unfavorable amendments like the recent one to paragraph 6, but it seems given the vast energy market of India, there is no need to be insecure about finding economic partners on global nuclear stage.
We at RMISG would appreciate your feedback and comments below. This will help us to know more about your doubts and provide you with even better experience on the website. Do take few minutes and give us your feedback in the comments section below.
Just Scroll down to give your feedback NOW.