Union Home Minister’s “Special Operation Medal” for the year 2022 awarded for 4 Special Operations.
- The medal was constituted in 2018 with the objective to recognise those operations, which have high degree of planning, high significance for the security of the country/State/UT and have significant impact on the security of larger sections of the society.
- The award shall be conferred for Special Operation in the areas such as counter terrorism, border action, arms control, prevention of narcotics smuggling and rescue operations.
- All recommendations for the award is sent to the MHA within three months of the special operation.
- It is announced on 31st of October every year.
- In a year, normally 3 Special Operations are considered for the award and in extra ordinary circumstances; the award may be given up to 5 Special Operations to encourage State/UT Police.