Sharad Purnima was celebrated in the country on 9th October.
About ‘Sharad Purnima’ –
- This religious festival is celebrated on the full moon day of the Hindu lunar month of Ashvin.
- It is also known as the Arogya Parv or Health Festival. It is also known as Kaumudi, or Kojagari Purnima.
- The full-moon night is celebrated differently in different cultural regions of the country.
- On this auspicious day, many divine pairs like Radha Krishna, Shiva Parvati, and Lakshmi Narayan are worshipped along with the moon and are offered flowers and kheer (a sweet dish made of rice and milk).
- Deities in temples are usually dressed in white, signifying the brightness of the moon.
- It is also observed as a harvest festival in many states across the country.