Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the seventh edition of Raisina Dialogue on April 25, 2022.
- President of the European Union Ursula Von Der Leyen is the chief guest at the Dialogue.
- The three-day Dialogue is based on the theme – Terranova, impassioned, impatient, imperilled.
- There are six broad thematic pillars of the Dialogue— Rethinking Democracy, End of Multilateralism, Water Caucuses, and Achieving Green Transitions.
- Raisina Dialogue will have around 100 sessions with over 210 speakers from 90 countries.
About ‘Raisina Dialogue’ –
- Raisina Dialogue was first held in 2016 and since its inception, it has emerged as India’s flagship conference on geoeconomics and geopolitics.
- It is a multilateral conference committed to addressing the most challenging issues facing the global community. Every year, global leaders in policy, business, media and civil society are hosted in New Delhi to discuss cooperation on a wide range of pertinent international policy matters.
- The name Raisina Dialogue comes from Raisina Hill. It is an elevation in New Delhi, the seat of the Government of India and the Presidential Palace of India, Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The Dialogue is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral discussion, involving heads of state, cabinet ministers and local government officials, as well as major private sector executives, members of the media and academics.
- The conference is hosted by the Observer Research Foundation in collaboration with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.