The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) recently announced that Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni would be the chief guest and keynote speaker at the 8th Raisina Dialogue.
About Raisina Dialogue –
- It is India’s premier conference on geopolitics and geoeconomics, committed to addressing the most challenging issues facing the global community.
- It is held annually since 2016 in New Delhi.
- The Dialogue is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral discussion involving heads of state, cabinet ministers, and local government officials, who are joined by thought leaders from the private sector, media, and academia.
- It is organised by the Observer Research Foundation (ORF) in partnership with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
About Observer Research Foundation (ORF) –
- Established in 1990, the ORF is an independent, nonpartisan think tank that conducts policy research on good governance, foreign policy, and sustainable economic development for India.
- ORF’s work spans a wide range of topics, including climate, energy, cyber issues and media, economic development, and national security.
- It provides non-partisan, independent, well-researched analyses and inputs to diverse decision-makers in governments, business communities, academia, and to civil society around the world.
- Mandate — It seeks to lead and aid policy thinking towards building a strong and prosperous India in a fair and equitable world.