The indigenous Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) being developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is set to be tested again with some changes suggested by the Army.
About ‘Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile’ –
- QRSAM is a Short Range Surface to Air Missile system designed to protect moving armoured columns from aerial attacks.
- It was designed and developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- The entire weapon system is configured on highly mobile platforms and is capable of providing air defence on the move.
- Range — 25-30 km
- It is propelled by Single Stage Solid Rocket Motor.
- It can engage six targets simultaneously.