President of India will confer the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar, 2023 to 11 children at an Award ceremony in Delhi.
About Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar –
- It is given under two categories.
- Bal Shakti Puraskar — This award is given by the Government of India every year to recognise exceptional achievements of children in various fields namely innovation, scholastic achievements, social service, arts & culture, sports and bravery.
- Eligibility criteria — A child who is an Indian Citizen and residing in India and is between 5-18 years of age.
- Award — The award consists of a medal, a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000, book vouchers worth Rs.10,000, a certificate and a citation.
- It was started in 1996 as the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement, and renamed in 2018 as Bal Shakti Puraskar.
- Bal Kalyan Puraskar — This is given as recognition to Individuals and Institutions, who have made an outstanding contribution towards service for children in the field of child development, child protection and child welfare.
- Eligibility criteria — An individual who is an Indian Citizen residing in India and should have attained the age of 18 years or above (as of 31st August of the respective year). S/he should have worked for the cause of children for not less than 7 years.
- The institution should not be entirely funded by the government and should have been in the field of child welfare for 10 years and performing consistently in the field.
- Award — The awards are given in each of the two categories — Individual and Institution — along with cash prizes (Rs. 1,00, 000 and Rs. 5,00, 000 respectively).
- It was started in 1979 as the National Child Welfare Awards and in 2018 renamed it as Bal Kalyan Puraskar.