Ministry of Panchayati Raj has organised a two-day National Training Workshop on People’s Plan Campaign.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj organises People’s Plan Campaign (PPC) every year (Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas) from 2nd October to 31st December.
- This year also PPC–2022 was launched on 2nd October, 2022 to prepare District/ Block/ Gram Panchayat Development Plans for the year 2023–2024.
- The Ministry of Panchayati Raj has evolved thematic approach aggregating 17 Sustainable goals into 9 broad themes of Localised Sustainable Development Goals (LSDGs) at grassroots level.
- In this PPC 2022, Panchayats will prepare Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) on these 9 themes by adopting Whole-of- Government and Whole-of-Society approach.
- The Panchayat Development Plan aims to strengthen the role of elected representatives of Panchayats and SHG Women under DAY-NRLM in effective Gram Sabha.
- The Ministry’s Plan document terms GPDP as a catalyst for transforming rural India and describes it as a comprehensive participatory process which involves full convergence with schemes of all related Central Ministries, line departments related to 29 subjects listed in the Eleventh Schedule of the Constitution.
About ‘Sabki Yojana, Sabka Vikas (People’s Plan Initiative)’ –
- Launched by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj and Ministry of Rural Development, the People’s Plan Campaign titled ‘Sabki Yojna Sabka Vikas’ aimed for for inclusive and holistic preparation of Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP).
- The objectives of ‘Sabki Yojna Sabka Vikas’ broadly include strengthening of elected representatives and Self Help Groups, evidence based assessment of progress made in 2020-21 and proposals for 2021-22 in all 29 subjects of XI Schedule, public disclosure on Schemes, finances etc. and the preparation of inclusive, participatory and evidence based GPDP for 2021-22 through structured Gram Sabha involving front line workers/ supervisors of all 29 sectors of XI schedule.
- The campaign aimed to help Gram Panchayats (GPs) in preparation of convergent and holistic GPDP through identification of sectoral infrastructural gaps in respective areas.
- Gram Panchayats have been mandated for the preparation of GPDP for economic development and social justice utilising the resources available to them.
- The GPDP planning process will be comprehensive and participatory by involving full convergence with the schemes of all related Central Ministries/Line Departments.
- The People’s Plan Campaign initiated under “Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas” is an intensive and structured exercise for planning at Gram Sabha through convergence between Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) and concerned departments of the State.