Recently, the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology launched this campaign at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
About the ‘One Week One Lab Campaign’ –
- The One Week One lab campaign of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), will highlight India’s global excellence in technology, innovation and Start-ups.
- In this campaign, each of CSIR’s 37 constituent laboratories, spread Nationwide, will showcase their legacy, exclusive innovations and technological breakthroughs every successive week.
- During the campaign each CSIR lab shall be organising week-long events including industry & start-up meet, students connect, society connect, display of technologies, etc.
- The campaign will also focus on academia and skill development, where interested students from varying domains get to know about the research activities and facilities of the CSIR laboratories and get a connection with prospects.
- Industries & MSMEs Meets are targeted to establish an understanding between Science and Industry based on the requirement of the society or regional needs and to identify potential industries for co-development of Next Gen technologies and products.
- It will be an opportunity to create networks of Government-Academia-Industry for faster deliveries and deployments of technologies.
About the CSIR –
- It is the largest research and development (R&D) organisation in India which was set up in 1942.
- It is funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Structure –
- The Prime Minister of India (Ex-officio) is the President of this organisation.
- Vice President — Union Minister of Science and Technology (Ex-officio)
- Governing Body — The Director-General is the head of the governing body.
- The other ex-officio member is the finance secretary (expenditures).