India and Pakistan has exchanged the list of nuclear installations and facilities, covered under the Agreement on the Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear Installations and Facilities between India and Pakistan.
List of nuclear installations and facilities –
- The Agreement provides that India and Pakistan inform each other of the nuclear installations and facilities to be covered under the Agreement on the first of January of every calendar year.
- This is the 32nd consecutive exchange of such lists between the two countries. The first one took place on January 01, 1992.
Lists of Civilian Prisoners, Fishermen in their Custody –
- India and Pakistan exchanged the lists of civilian prisoners and fishermen in their custody.
- This is in keeping with the provisions of the 2008 Agreement under which such lists are exchanged every year on 1st January and 1st July.
- As per the data provided by India, a total of 434 Pakistani citizens, of which 339 are civilians and 95 are fishermen are currently lodged in Indian jails.
- Similarly, Pakistan has shared lists of 51 civilian prisoners and 654 fishermen in its custody, who are Indians or are believed to be Indians.