Recently, eight projects under the National Industrial Corridor Development and Implementation Trust (NICDIT) have been sanctioned and approved by the Government of India.
About the NICDIT –
- The National Industrial Corridor Development and Implementation Trust (NICDIT) is the implementing agency of the National Industrial Corridor Programme.
- The Government of India is developing various Industrial Corridor Projects as part of the National Industrial Corridor Programme.
- The Industrial Corridors are envisaged to be implemented by a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) in the form of a company set up under the Companies Act, 2013 as a joint venture between the central and the state governments.
- In 2016, the government approved the expansion of the scope of the existing DMIC-Project Implementation Trust Fund (PITF) and re-designated it as NICDIT.
- Nodal Ministry — Under the administrative control of the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.