National Testing House will begin testing facilities for EVs and EV charging systems by next fiscal at its Mumbai and Kolkata facilities.
Currently, the International Centre for Automotive Technology and the Automatic Research Association of India (ARAI) are providing testing facilities for electric vehicles in India.
Key features of National Testing House –
- It originated in the year 1912, as “Government Test House” at Alipore, Calcutta, with the primary objective of assisting and guiding the indigenous manufacturers on the production of engineering goods with Quality Testing.
- Presently it is functioning as a subordinate office under, of India, Ministry of Consumers Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, and Department of Consumer Affairs.
- It is Registered in the Government e Market (GeM) as a service provider in the category “Testing and Calibration Service” to meet the testing needs of all Government departments and PSUs.
- It imparts its services to the nation through seven of its regional branches located at Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Ghaziabad, Jaipur, Guwahati and Varanasi.
- It is also expanding its services for water testing and fertiliser testing, among others, including rock phosphate.