Last date to submit applications for National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) is 31st October, 2022 on National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
What it is?
- Under the Scheme, scholarships are awarded to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue their education at secondary stage. This is a 100% centrally sponsored scheme.
- NMMSS is boarded on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – a one stop platform for scholarship schemes given to students.
- Features —
- The scholarships are disbursed directly into the bank accounts of selected students by electronic transfer through Public Financial Management System (PFMS) following DBT mode.
- One lakh fresh scholarships are awarded to selected students from class IX every year and their continuation / renewal in classes X to XII for students studying in State Government, Government-aided and local body schools. The amount of scholarship is Rs. 12000/- per annum.
- Eligibility —
- Students whose parental income from all sources is not more than Rs. 3,50,000/- per annum.
- The students must have minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in the selection test for award of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST students).