National Intellectual Property Awareness Mission (NIPAM) has achieved target of imparting Intellectual Property (IP) awareness and basic training to 1 million students on 31st July 2022, ahead of the deadline which was 15 August 2022.
- NIPAM, a flagship program to impart IP awareness and basic training, was launched on 8th December 2021 as a part of “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” celebrations.
- The program is being implemented by Intellectual Property Office, the Office of Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks (CGPDTM), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- During the period 8th December 2021 to 31st July 2022, the following milestones have been achieved —
- of participants (students/faculty) trained on IP = 10, 05, 272
- Educational institutes covered = 3662
- Geographical coverage = 28 states and 7 Union Territories