The 7th Ayurveda Day was celebrated on 23rd October, 2022 on a magnificent scale in India and at international level.
About the ‘National Ayurveda Day’ –
- It is known that Ayurveda Day is being organised continuously since the year 2016 on the occasion of Dhanvantari Jayanti.
- Dhanwantari Jayanti celebrates Lord Dhanwantari’s birth on the 13th lunar day in Aswini Month.
- Lord Dhanvantari is the god of Ayurvedic medicine, who emerged with Amurutha Kalasam and Ayurveda text on his hand. Puranas and Vedas describe Lord Dhanvantari as the physician of the gods.
- According to Hindu mythology, Lord Dhanvantari appeared before Devas and the Asuras during Samudra Manthan.
- Father of Ayurveda – Charak, who wrote a book on medicine named Charak Samhita, is the father of Ayurveda.
- This year’s 7th Ayurveda Day was celebrated with the theme “Har Din Har Ghar Ayurveda” so as to propagate benefits of Ayurveda to larger and grass root community.