The President of India has approved the conferment of Jeevan Rakshak Padak Series of Awards – 2022.
The award on 43 persons which includes Sarvottam Jeevan Raksha Padak to 07, Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak to 08 and Jeevan Raksha Padak to 28 persons. Four awardees are posthumous.
What is the award?
- The Jeevan Rakshak Padak series of awards are given to a person for meritorious act of human nature in saving the life of a person.
- The award is given in three categories, namely, Sarvottam Jeevan Rakshak Padak, Uttam Jeevan Rakshak Padak and Jeevan Rakshak Padak.
- Persons of all walks of life are eligible for these awards.
- The award can also be conferred posthumously.
- The decoration of the award (medal, certificate signed by the Union Home Minister and lump sum monetary allowance) is presented to the awardee in due course by the respective Union Ministries/Organisations/State Government to which the awardee belongs.