The 63rd Session of the IHRC will be organised on 18-19 December 2022 at Uttar Pradesh State Archives.
What is it?
- IHRC is an all-India Forum of creators, custodians and users of records which was set up in 1919 to advice the Government of India on all issues connected with the management of records and their use for historical research.
- Secretariat — The National Archives of India, New Delhi is the Secretariat of Indian Historical Records Committee (re-designated Indian Historical Records Committee in 1911).
- The IHRC is headed by the Union Minister of Culture and comprises 134 members including agencies of the Government of India, nominees of the Government of India, representatives from the State/UT Archives, Universities and Learned Institutions. The IHRC has so far held 62 sessions.
- The Committee has two adjunct bodies —
- Editorial Committee to examine and approve papers based on archival sources for being presented at the Sessions of the Committees
- Standing Committee to review the action taken by the Committee on its recommendations and express its views on the agenda for the Committee’s meeting. Secretary, Ministry of Culture acts as the Chairman of the Standing Committee of IHRC.