Union Minister for Jal Shakti recently inaugurated the 7th Edition of India Water Impact Summit.
About the ‘Seventh India Water Impact Summit’ –
- The Summit aims at giving an insight into the potential causes for divergence and formulating strategy to achieve convergence.
- It is organised by NITI Aayog at Dr Ambedkar International Centre (DAIC), 15 Janpath, New Delhi.
- Experts from the country and abroad are discussing ways to protect the small rivers in large river basins.
- Theme — ‘Restoration and Conservation of Small Rivers in a Large Basin’ with emphasis on the select aspects of ‘Mapping and Convergence of 5Ps’ – People, Policy, Plan, Programme and Project.
- Finance Forum — The summit will also host the “Finance Forum”, a special track that will bring together global financial institutions and investors interested in river restoration and conservation programmes.
- The 2022 summit, like earlier summits, will also provide an opportunity to dozens of technology and innovation companies from around the world that are keen to bring their solutions to India to address various issues and concerns pertinent to our river basins.