The Government of India has recently approved the Production Linked Incentive Scheme (Tranche II) on ‘National programme on High-Efficiency Solar PV Modules’, with an outlay of Rs. 19,500 crores.
About the National programme on High-Efficiency Solar PV Module –
- The national programme on High-Efficiency Solar PV Modules aims to build an ecosystem for the manufacturing of high-efficiency solar PV modules in India.
- Associated Ministry — The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy.
- Funding — Under it, the government has provided an outlay of Rs.19,500 crores for achieving manufacturing capacity.
- PLI will be disbursed for 5 years post commissioning of solar PV manufacturing plants on sales of high-efficiency solar PV modules from the domestic market will be incentivised.
- Significance —
- This programme will strengthen the Aatmanirbhar Bharat initiative and generate employment.
- It will help in reducing the country’s import dependence in the area of Renewable Energy.