The National Health Authority (NHA) has rolled out the module for nurses on Health Professional Registry under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- The module for doctors from all systems of medicines and their onboarding is already in place in the Health Professional Registry.
- Now with this nation-wide roll out of the Nurse Module, nurses providing health services across modern and traditional systems of medicine can also enroll on Healthcare Professional Registry.
- Going forward, NHA plans to enroll more categories of health professionals like Para-medicals, grass-root level community health workers (ASHAs), medical support staff, allied healthcare professionals etc. in the registry.
What is the ‘Health Professional Registry (HPR)’?
- Health Professional Registry (HPR) is a comprehensive repository of all healthcare professionals involved in delivery of healthcare services across both modern and traditional systems of medicine.
- HPR is a core building block of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- Through HPR, healthcare professionals can onboard onto India’s digital health ecosystem and connect to patients to healthcare providers or vice versa with last mile coverage.
- Benefits of HPR include unique and trustable identity, online presence and discoverability along with telemedicine and unified digital services.
About the National Health Authority (NHA) –
- The National Health Authority (NHA) is the apex body of the Government of India leading the implementation for Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) in coordination with different ministries/departments of the Government of India, State Governments, and private sector/civil society organisations.
- NHA also implements the flagship scheme, Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY).