The Adani Group recently acquired the strategic Israeli port of Haifa for USD 1.2 billion.
About the ‘Haifa Port’ –
- It is located in northern Israel, adjacent to the city of Haifa along the Mediterranean sea.
- It is also located on the busy Suez Canal shipping route.
- The Haifa port is one of the two biggest commercial ports in Israel.
- It handles nearly half of the country’s container cargo and is also the nation’s principal port for passenger traffic and cruise ships.
- It has a natural deep-water harbour, which operates all year long.
- The facility features two container terminals and two multi-cargo terminals.
- The Port of Haifa was constructed in 1933 by the British. Since 1948, it has been rebuilt and developed by the Israeli government.