Recently, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) headquarters in New Delhi has won the prestigious GRIHA Exemplary Performance Award 2022.
- UIDAI believes in and promotes the idea of recycling and reusing to reduce carbon footprint.
- It has been harnessing solar power to meet a portion of its energy consumption.
- It is recycling and reuses water and has been adhering to sustainable waste management practices.
What is GRIHA?
- Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA) is the national rating system of India for any completed building construction.
- It was jointly set up by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- Objective — To help design green buildings and help evaluate the ‘greenness’ of the buildings.
- Parameters used in Rating —
- Site selection and planning
- Conservation and efficient utilisation of resources
- Building operation and maintenance
- Innovation points