The Indian Air Force (IAF) is participating in Exercise Shinyuu Maitri with the Japan Air Self Defence Force (JASDF).
About the ‘Exercise Shinyuu Maitri’ –
- It is a bilateral military exercise between Indian Air Force (IAF) and Japan Air Self Defence Force (JASDF).
- The exercise is being organised on the sidelines of the Indo-Japan Joint Army Exercise, Dharma Guardian.
- The IAF contingent is participating in the exercise with one C-17 Globemaster III.
- The first phase of the exercise consists of discussions on transport operations and tactical manoeuvring, followed by the second phase of flying drills by IAF’s C-17 and JASDF C-2 transport aircraft.
- The exercise will enhance mutual understanding and interoperability between the two air forces.