Recently Environment Education scheme has been revamped into Environment Education Programme.
About Environment Education, Awareness and Training (EEAT) –
- It is a Central Sector scheme implemented by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- Objective — To promote environmental awareness and mobilise students’ participation for environment conservation.
- Under this Scheme there are two major programmes namely Green Corps (NGC) Programme and National Nature Camping Programme (NNCP)
Green Corps (NGC) Programme –
- Under this scheme more than 1 lakh Eco-clubs have been formed in schools and colleges to educate students and to spread awareness on environment.
- A financial assistance of Rs 5,000/- per Eco-club used to be provided under this programme with a ceiling of 500 school Eco-clubs per district and 100 college Eco-clubs per State.
National Nature Camping Programme (NNCP) –
- Under this scheme, organisation of field visits/nature camps in different Protected Areas/ Nature Parks/ Tiger Reserves of the country for students were supported.
- These camps provided ‘nature experience’ to students and had huge potential to trigger their sensitivity towards nature and its conservation.