Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has delivered a video-address during the plenary session of the 7th Eastern Economic Forum.
What is ‘Eastern Economic Forum’?
- The Eastern Economic Forum was established by the decree of the President of the Russian Federation in the year 2015.
- It takes place each year in Vladivostok, a city in Russia.
- It serves as a platform for the discussion of key issues in the world economy, regional integration, and the development of new industrial and technological sectors, as well as of the global challenges facing Russia and other nations.
- The Forum business programme includes a number of business dialogues with leading partner countries in the Asia-Pacific region, and with ASEAN, a key integration organisation of dynamically developing nations in Southeast Asia.
- Over the years, it has emerged as an international platform for discussing the strategy for developing political, economic and cultural ties between Russia and Asia Pacific.