Government-free telemedicine service, eSanjeevani has recently crossed another milestone by clocking eight crore tele-consultations.
About ‘e-Sanjeevani’ –
- It is a web-based comprehensive telemedicine solution, launched by the then Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India, in 2009.
- Created by — Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) Mohali, is the creator of eSanjeevani.
- Two modules of eSanjeevani —
- eSanjeevani AB-HWC — The doctor-to-doctor telemedicine platform, being implemented at all the Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) in the country under Ayushman Bharat (AB) Scheme of Government of India.
- It was rolled out in 2019.
- eSanjeevani OPD — It is the Patient-to-Doctor remote consultation services rolled out in 2020 amid the first lockdown imposed to fight Covid-19 pandemic, while the Outpatient Departments (OPDs) in the country were closed.
- The initiative is a contactless and risk-free modality that enables delivery of health services to the citizens in the confines of their homes free of cost.
- The C-DAC is working towards adding another innovative feature in eSanjeevani OPD that will enable roll out of National OPDs on eSanjeevani OPD, to offer remote health services to patients in any part of the country.