Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS) was recently conferred with the ‘Award of Excellence’ at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation-2022.
- The UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation is supported by a partnership between UNESCO and Ng Teng Fong Charitable Foundation since 2021.
- UNESCO introduced the new category, ‘Special Recognition for Sustainable Development’, in 2020, together with an updated set of Awards Criteria to acknowledge the role and contribution of cultural heritage to sustainable development within the broader framework of the UN 2030 Agenda.
- Since 2000, the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation programme has been recognising the efforts of private individuals and organisations in restoring, conserving, and transforming structures and buildings of heritage value in the region.
Awards for 2022 –
The complete list of 2022 awarded projects comprises —
- Award of Excellence — Chhtrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya Museum, Mumbai, India
- Award of Distinction —
- Stepwells of Golconda, Hyderabad, India
- Zarch Qanat, Yazd, Iran
- Neilson Hays Library, Bangkok, Thailand
- Award of Merit —
- Topdara Stupa, Charikar, Afghanistan
- Nantian Buddhist Temple, Fujian, China
- Domakonda Fort, Telangana, India
- Byculla Station, Mumbai, India
- Sadoughi House, Yazd, Iran
- 25 Chivas in Kathmandu, Nepal
- Special Recognition for Sustainable Development — West Guizhou Lilong Neighbourhood, Shanghai, China
- Award for New Design in Heritage Contexts —
- M30 Integrated Infrastructure for Power Supply and Waste Collection, Macao SAR, China
- Xiaoxihu Block, Nanjing, China