Currently, the Ministry of Ayush is running a Scheme namely, AYURSWASTHYA Yojana.
What is AYURSWASTHYA Yojana?
- It is a Central Sector Scheme.
- It is having two components —
- AYUSH and Public Health (PHI) and
- Centre of Excellence (CoE) from the Financial Year 2021-22 by merging two erstwhile schemes of this Ministry namely
- Central Sector Scheme of Grant-in-Aid for Promotion of AYUSH Intervention in Public Health Initiatives (PHI) and
- Central Sector Scheme for assistance to AYUSH organisations (Government / Non-Government Non-Profit) engaged in AYUSH Education/ Drug Development & Research / Clinical Research etc. for upgradation to Centre of Excellence (CoE).
Centre of Excellence –
- Under the Centre of Excellence component of AYURSWASTHYA Yojana, financial assistance is provided to eligible individual organisations/institutes for establishing and upgrading their functions & facilities and/or for research & development activities in AYUSH.
- The objectives of the Centre of Excellence component of AYURSWASTHYA Yojana are —
- To support establishment of advanced/ specialised AYUSH medical health unit in reputed AYUSH and Allopathic institutions both in Government and Non-Government sector.
- To support creative and innovative proposals for establishment and upgradation of both functions and facilities of reputed institutions to strengthen competencies of AYUSH professionals in education technology, research & innovation and such other fields necessary for promotion of AYUSH at national as well as international level.
- To support creative and innovative proposals for prestigious organisations which have well-established buildings and infrastructure, and wish to work for AYUSH systems to the level of Centre of Excellence.
- The maximum admissible financial assistance under the Centre of Excellence component of AYURSWASTHYA Yojana, to an organisation/institute is 10.00 crores for maximum period of three years.