Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Aayog has recently launched the Women centric challenges under the 2nd edition of Atal New India Challenge (ANIC).
- ANIC’s Woman centric challenges address the major issues faced by women from all spheres of life.
- These include driving women hygiene through innovation, innovations to improve women’s safety, professional networking opportunities for women, innovations that make working mothers’ life better, and easing the life of Rural Women.
- ANIC is an initiative by Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog targeted to seek, select, support and nurture technology-based innovations that solve sectoral challenges of national importance and societal relevance through a grant-based mechanism of up to INR 1 crore.
Other initiatives –
- Indo-German development cooperation project ‘Economic Empowerment of Women Entrepreneurs and Start-ups by Women (Her&Now)’ —
- The project was commissioned by Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and jointly implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the Ministry for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship to train AIM business incubators with the knowledge, tools, and methods to boost women entrepreneurs.
- Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) —
- NITI Aayog currently runs the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP), which was launched in 2018, to help women become entrepreneurs, scale up their innovations and chalk-out sustainable, long-term strategies for their businesses.