Atal Innovation Mission has launched the phase 1 of the 2nd edition of the Atal New India Challenge (ANIC 2.0).
What is it?
- Atal New India Challenge is a flagship program of Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog.
- The program aims to seek, select, support and nurture technology-based innovations that solve sectoral challenges of national importance and societal relevance.
- One of the primary goals of the ANIC program is to support innovations in areas critical to India’s development and growth – Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Agriculture, Food Processing, Housing, Energy, Mobility, Space Application etc.
- The Atal New India Challenge aims to address the Commercialisation Valley of Death – supporting innovators scale over the risks associated with access to resources for testing, piloting and market creation.
About ‘Atal Innovation Mission’ –
- AIM is an Innovation Promotion Platform involving academics, entrepreneurs, and researchers drawing upon national and international experiences to foster a culture of innovation, R&D in India.
- The platform will also promote a network of world-class innovation hubs and grand challenges for India.
- Under this mission two major schemes were rolled out such as –
- Atal Tinkering Labs
- Atal Incubation Centres
- Atal Tinkering Labs – ATLs are play workspaces fitted with state-of-the-art technologies like 3D printers, robotics, sensor technology kits, Internet of things (IoT), miniaturised electronics. The labs are designed to spur the spark of creativity, and go beyond regular curriculum and text book learning. AIM will enhance the coverage of ATLs to over 98 per cent smart cities and 93 per cent districts.