Armed Forces Flag Day is observed on December 7 every year.
- It aims to honour the martyrs, veterans, and serving personnel of the Indian military.
- The day has been marked every year since 1949 to celebrate the valiant efforts undertaken by military personnel to safeguard the country’s borders and raise funds to ensure their and their family’s well-being.
- It aims to raise donations for the welfare of the Armed Forces Staff.
- It is observed to enable more public participation in Armed Forces.
- The Defence Minister’s Committee on August 28, 1949, created the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund.
- In 1993, the Defence Ministry of India amalgamated all relevant welfare funds, including funds for war victims, the Kendriya Sainik Board Fund, the ex-welfare servicemen’s fund, and other units, to establish the Armed Forces Flag Day fund.