Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan urged NCERT and the Education fraternity to include enough information about Anushilan Samiti, especially in the upcoming National Curriculum Framework.
- Anushilan Samity was a prominent secret revolutionary society operating from Bengal in the 20th century with a mission to overthrow colonial rule and give momentum to India’s struggle for freedom.
- Founded by Satish Chandra Pramatha Mitra, Aurobindo Ghose and Sarala Devi, Anushilan Samiti was one among the many illustrious institutions from the land of Bengal.
- Legends like, Deshabandhu Chittaranjan Das, Surendranath Tagore, Jatindranath Banerjee, Bagha Jatin were associated with Anushilan Samity. Hedgewar was also an alumnus of the Samiti.
- Nationalist writings and publications by Aurobindo and Barin including Bande Mataram and Yugantar, had a widespread influence on Bengal youth and helped Anushilan Samiti to gain popularity in Bengal.
- Keshav Baliram Hedgewar, the founder of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), was an alumnus of the Anushilan Samiti.