Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology recently informed that ISRO has taken initiatives for feasibility studies on missions to Venus as well as Aeronomy studies.
About ‘aeronomy’ –
- The term “aeronomy,” coined and introduced about 60 years ago.
- It refers to the scientific study of the upper atmospheric regions of the Earth and other solar system bodies.
- It includes the distribution of temperature, density, and chemical constituents, and the chemical reactions that occur.
- It also includes the studies of aurora, airglow, the ionosphere, Van Allen radiation belts, cosmic rays, and radiative and photochemical phenomena.
- It covers the chemistry, dynamics and energy balance of both neutral and charged particles.