Experts of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)-Krishi Vigyan Kendra in Sikkal, Nagapattinam, found the ADT 52 crop variety to be resistant to unseasonal rains.
About the ADT 52 –
- ADT 52, which stands for ‘Aduthurai 52’, is a long-duration paddy variety.
- Plant type — Medium tall and non-lodging.
- Grain Yield — 4902 Kg/ha.
- Duration — It takes at least 150 days to grow.
- Grain type — Medium slender, translucent rice with high milling (67.1%)
- It gives a high yield and can withstand the impact of unseasonal rains.
- It is resistant to gall midge and moderately resistant to leaf blast, neck blast, grain discoloration, and bacterial leaf blight.
- The Tamil Nadu Rice Research Institute (TRRI) in Aduthuuurai launched the ADT 52 variety in 2018.