MoU between India and Israel
The Union Cabinet in its meeting chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Israel on National Campaign for Water Conservation in India.
- This will benefit the country in conserving water for future generations.
- The two countries shall work to enhance cooperation at the national, regional and international level to design, implement and monitor a professionally-designed National Water Conservation Campaign in India.
The proposed MoU will help India and Israel to cooperate in water conservation. It would –
- Put water conservation on the national agenda in India.
- Encourage every citizen to save water in everyday life.
- Generating awareness about water.
- Promoting Re-use, Recharge and Recycling of water.
- Development of digital tools such as websites, mobile applications on the subject of water conservation.