Indian And Japan On Railway Safety | PIB Summary
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval to the signing the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with Japan on Railway Safety. The MoC has already been signed in February, 2017.
Railway Safety | Areas covered by the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC)
- Track Safety (e.g. rail welding, rail inspection, track circuit etc.)
- Latest technology related to railway track safety (automatic inspection technology etc.)
- Rolling stock safety (e.g. maintenance etc.)
- Any other relevant railway safety matter jointly determined by both the sides within the scope of this MoC with consideration for major railway accident preventions based on the analysis of accident causes.
Railway Safety | Significance to Indian Railways
- Dispatch of experts.
- Training of core staff in Japan.
- Sharing of information and best practices.
- Facilitating the participation of other institutions, organization and ministries, including contribution of National Traffic Safety and Environmental Laboratory of Japan to Research Design and Standards Organisation, Ministry of Railway, Government of India (RDSO), subject to their respective national laws and regulations where appropriate and possible.