12th April 2017 | Editorial Simplified
Editorial Simplified : 12th Day of April 2017
This Series of posts covers the essential Editorial from prominent newspapers. The Editorial from the newspapers are compiled by the Subject Teachers form the Academy and provided in notes format so that the aspirants does not waste their precious time in sifting through the newspapers.
Editorial : Kulbushan Jadhav death sentence
The decision of a Pakistani military court finding Mr. Kulbushan Jadhav guilty of espionage and fomenting protests in Baluchistan against China-Pakistan Economic Corridor
- A Field General Court Martial has sentenced to death former Indian naval officer Kulbushan Jadhav on the grounds of espionage
- The entire prosecution process was very secretive and there are glaring holes in the procedures followed.
- The so-called confession tapes of Mr. Jadhav belie the fact that he was tutored for the same and beyond this self-confession no further evidence has been presented by Pakistan despite multiple requests by the Indian government for consular access.
- Human rights organizations have also condemned the opaque nature of the process and for justice to prevail Mr Jadhav should be given a re-trial in a civil court
- This kind of a step from Pakistan only exposes the failure of bilateral interaction between the two nations. There are no backchannels where communication may take place and such tensions de-escalated.
- Indian government has refused talks with Pakistan after the Pathankot attacks in January last year.
- The response to such a situation has to be firm and three-pronged: impress upon Pakistan not to carry out the hanging, explain to the international community the flaws in the trial process and send interlocutors to Pakistan to open backchannels for diplomatic engagement.
We at RMISG would appreciate your feedback and comments below. This will help us to know more about your doubts and provide you with even better experience on the website. Do take few minutes and give us your feedback in the comments section below.
To Download the pdf : Click Here
Just Scroll down to give your feedback NOW.